.jpg)
(Picture taken from Wikipedia- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/B2B_Official_Album%28HQ%29.jpg)
Disclaimers:
1. The title of this post has got nothing, whatsoever, to do with Christina Aguilera's music album. The fact that former and the latter are similar to one another, word for word, is purely coincidental.
2. To all the Christians: Please do not take offence to the title of my blog- "Jesus is (was) a Capricorn too"- I would like to think of it as my way of celebrating the Lord's humanity; the celebration of the fact that, like me, He was born unto this earth as a human being (and therefore, probably, faced daily struggles, like I do, in His lifetime) and at a certain point of time- commonly recognised as and celebrated on the 25th of December despite an ongoing debate of its accuracy (an issue which I choose not to address because it deviates from the point I’m trying to make). Also, I strongly believe that like me, during the time he spent on earth that is, He had a personality trait that was unique to anyone else’s. Since, “According to astrology, celestial phenomena reflect or govern human activity on the principle of “as above, so below”, so that the twelve signs are held to represent twelve basic personality types or characteristic modes of expression.”(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_sign) and since both our birthdays (my birthday being the 26th of December) fall between December 22nd and January 19th; we share the same astrological sign- Capricorn. Therefore, in these respects (which you should and I have acknowledged as completely non- biblical and makes no theological sense), I can’t help but feel and affinity towards Him.
There are several reasons as to why this blog was constructed for such a time as this. One of which, involves me being tired of the cryptic documentations I have made and I am currently making of my life (currently standing at 20 years and 6 months thereabouts) - a prominent characteristic of my current diaries and previous blog(s).
For the lack of a better way to introduce myself (the author of this blog or what I would like to call a "space" in the World Wide Web), I shall go “back to basics” by posting my profile the way students would present their profiles on their friends’ autograph books upon graduation:
My first name is: Carolyn
I have a Chinese name and it is: Wu Hui Fang (in Han Yu Pin Yin)
I am a: 20 year old, Single Female, Chinese, Daughter, Sister, Cousin, Auntie, Friend, Best Friend, and Confidant
I am an: Indonesian, Acquaintance, and Enemy
My current occupation is: Student of the School of Psychological Sciences
I attend school at: The University of Manchester (Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom)
I used to attend school at: Maris Stella Kindergarten (Singapore), Sekolah Kristen Bina Bakti (Indonesia, Jawa Barat, and Bandung), Alphabet Playhouse Child Care & Learning Centre Pte Ltd (Singapore), American International School (Singapore), a Peoples’ Action Party (PAP) Community Foundation Education Centre (Ang Mo Kio, Singapore), Raffles Girls’ Primary School (Singapore), Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus St. Theresa’s Convent (Singapore), Crescent Girls’ School (Singapore), Modern Montessori International (Singapore), Serangoon Junior College (Singapore)
I like listening to the music of: The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Ingrid Michaelson, Jack Johnson, John Legend (Stephens), John Mayer, Rachel Yamagata, The Temptations, The Weepies
My Favourite Films/ Movies include: Across the Universe, Amelie, American Beauty, Atonement, Babel, Bridget Jones’s Diary, Chocolat, Dan in Real Life, Girl Interrupted Juno, La Vien Rose, Lilo and Stitch, Little Children, Love Actually, Nemo, Romeo & Juliet, Smart People, and The Virgin Suicides
My Favourite Television Programmes include: Criminal Minds, Desperate Housewifes, Dirty Sexy Money, Kids Say the Darndest Things, Monk, The Ellen Degeneres Show, The O.C, and Whose Line Is It Anyway?
I am committed to: 1. Update this blog on a *weekly basis- Using it as a platform to “let out steam” and to “let my voice be heard” all that malarkey.
2. Give *accurate, confessional, frank, and honest documentation of my day to day activities and what not.
*tentative

No comments:
Post a Comment